Mobile messaging security gateways and Gi/SGi firewalls set for spectacular growth
Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 25, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Mobile Infrastructure Security market size and forecasts report, which tracks short message service (SMS) and multimedia messaging service (MMS) security gateways and Gi/SGi firewalls.
"Mobile infrastructure security is incredibly hot right now. Providers are trying to protect subscribers and revenue by investing in SMS/MMS security gateways to the tune of a massive 42% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018," notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson adds: "Operators are also trying to protect the boundary between their networks and the internet. Gi/SGi firewall revenue is on a serious ramp as well, driven by the huge LTE deployments around the globe that have left many mobile providers with massive all-IP networks that need protection from every type of threat on the internet."
MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Carriers are playing catchup protecting mobile networks with Gi/SGi firewalls: Worldwide Gi/SGi firewall revenue is expected to nearly double by 2018
- New Gi/SGi firewall solutions designed to solve a variety of mobile traffic control and security issues are imminent
- The major vendors in the Gi/SGi firewall space are the top players in firewalls: Check Point, Fortinet, and Juniper
- In the SMS/MMS security gateway market, AdaptiveMobile and Cloudmark together currently account for the majority of revenue
- Key to the ongoing success of Adaptive and Cloudmark will be how they transition their footprints from buyers looking to meet regulations and save money to those wanting to increase the security of their networks and subscribers
SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to view on-demand Jeff Wilson's mobile infrastructure security market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=902.
Infonetics' annual mobile infrastructure security report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for SMS/MMS security gateways and Gi/SGi firewalls by units, revenue, and ARPU (average revenue per user). Vendors tracked: AdaptiveMobile, Anam, Cellusys, Cloudmark, Mahindra Comviva, Protei, Symsoft, Tekelec (Oracle), others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.