SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 – Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, expands its platform through the acquisition of CloudUpNetworks, a privately held provider of SaaS application security. This acquisition by CipherCloud complements the company's commitment to delivering a holistic platform to protect sensitive data in the cloud.
CipherCloud continues to focus on developing security innovations that remove the data privacy and compliance barriers to cloud adoption. The company began its cloud protection journey by delivering encryption, tokenization and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities that solved the immediate need at the time to secure sensitive information before it moves into third party clouds. To complement these security controls, CipherCloud has integrated visibility capabilities into its platform to help customers discover data anomalies and determine the relevant security controls to protect their cloud bound data.
The integration of CloudUp Networks broadens the CipherCloud platform with capabilities to scan and tag different classes of data according to their needed privacy requirements. Additionally, the acquired technology tracks classified data from cloud to cloud and enforces DLP for data on a per user basis, which is one level deeper than what competitors can provide at the application level. These capabilities enhance an organization's visibility into and compliance controls for data throughout its cloud lifecycle.
"We continue to raise the bar for cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "The consumption of multiple cloud applications into the enterprise requires security to be in lock step with visibility. This acquisition reflects our strategy of growing our business with the tools our customers need to go to the cloud."
The transaction closed in early January. The financial terms of the acquisition are not being disclosed.
The CipherCloud platform provides organizations with protection controls that enable organizations to comply with government regulations and industry mandates including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA and HITECH, the EU Data Protection Act, UK ICO guidance, the Australian Privacy Amendment Act and US State privacy laws.
CipherCloud's key capabilities include:
· Comprehensive Protection Platform – Delivers advanced searching of strongly encrypted data while preserving security, usability and performance. The platform provides the ability to select a preferred protection scheme for each individual field for maximum security and usability.
· Cloud Data Discovery –Search existing cloud applications on-demand and discover detailed information about sensitive data, and user activity, extending your corporate DLP policies to the cloud.
· Strong AES 256-bit Encryption – Delivers AES 256-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level of encryption with unlimited initialization vectors to maximize randomness.
· Robust Key Management – Provides enterprise key management capabilities in compliance with NIST SP 800-57 standards. Multiple key storage options enable keys to be stored securely on the CipherCloud platform or separately on a KMIP-compliant key management server.
· High-performance Scalable Architecture – Delivers near zero latency while supporting the largest number of companies and government agencies with demanding throughput requirements. Over 2 million users are protected across 14 countries.
· Activity Monitoring and Anomaly Detection – Tracks user interactions across multiple cloud applications assure compliance and spot anomalies through detailed security dashboards and reports.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by overcoming data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance risks. CipherCloud delivers an open platform with comprehensive security controls, including AES 256-bit encryption, tokenization, cloud data loss prevention, cloud malware detection and activity monitoring. CipherCloud's ground breaking technology protects sensitive information in real time, before it is sent to the cloud while preserving application usability and functionality.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 2 million business users, more than 250 million customer records, in over 10 industries, and with marquee customers around the globe.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as salesforce.com
, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon Web Services. Additionally, CipherCloud for Any App and CipherCloud for Databases enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Best Product of the Year, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com
and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.